Introduction to the YAP (Youth Advisory Panel)
YAP (Youth Advisory Panel) is a panel consisting of young people across a range of aquatic disciplines. It gives our young members a voice, enabling them to speak about issues they may experience in their sport and/or changes they would like to see in the future around the region.
With our members being at the heart of everything we do, it is only right we listen to their suggestions in order to ensure this remains the case. Hearing from our young members will assist with making sure we remain relevant as a region.
The panel would provide a young person’s perspective on current issues facing our aquatic sports. It would encourage panel members to think critically, solve problems and work as a team.
We hope that the panel will inspire more people to get involved in volunteering and also help to maintain our current volunteer base.
How to Apply- We are currently recruiting!
Applications will close on the Wednesday 16th February 2022 with a view to appointing and announcing the successful applicants on the Wednesday 23rd February 2022.
Individuals would need to meet the following criteria;
- Aged between 16 to 25
- A current member of an East Region club
- Experience of participating or volunteering in one or more of our disciplines
- Provide evidence of meeting the YAP Role Description through an Expression of Interest Form and submitting a video introducing themselves
- Agree to sign and adhere to the YAP Code of Conduct
If you are interested in joining our Youth Advisory Panel, there are two parts to application.
- Fill in the form below
- Send a short video of yourself telling us a little bit about you and why you want to be on the Panel. No more than 2 minutes! Videos should be sent to email@example.com
Please see below the form for video tips.
- What does being a member of the SEER Youth Advisory Panel means to you?
- What changes/implementations you would like to see happen within aquatic sport when you are in post (as a rough guide list 2 changes)?
- Tell us why you would like to join the SEER Youth Advisory Panel and why it is important to you, explain how you would like to make an impact as a member of the Youth Advisory Panel.
- Please make sure you introduce yourself so we know who you are.
- Think about where you are when you record your video – is it bright enough for us to see you? What is around you? Could someone identify where you are or see something you don’t want them to?
- Two minutes go by quicker than you think when you’re recording so plan what you want to say.
- Think about how quickly you speak.
- Make the video as interesting as you can but remember it’s about you.