The Region organises Open Water Championships in July each year and has, for successive years, had the highest swimmer entry numbers of any regional open water event.
Races are held over 1K, 2K, 3K and 5K and are split into age groups. For those aged 12-18, the Regional Championships also offer a chance to qualify for the National Open Water Championships.
Regional Open Water Championships
Date: Sunday 10th July 2022
Venue: Whitlingham Adventure, Norwich, NR14 8TR
Conditions: Event Conditions
Order of Events: 2022 Order of Events
Entries: Accepted Entries
East Region 3Km Results: Age Group Results can be found here.
East Region 1Km Results: Age Group Results can be found here.
East Region 2Km Results: Age Group Results can be found here.
East Region 5Km Results: Age Group Results can be found here.
Feedback: It is important for the region to hear feedback from those that attended the event. Please take the time to fill in our feedback form and we will use this to develop the competition in future years. Feedback Form.
Temporary Membership: If you are not a Swim England Club Compete member, you will need to upgrade your existing membership category to Club Compete, or take out a Temporary Membership if you do not currently have membership with Swim England. You will need to apply for temporary membership using the application form.
Coach/ Team Manager Passes: The region requires all swimmers under the age of 18 to be under the supervision of either a Coach or Team Manager. Coaches and Team Managers will be required to gain a coach pass for the event. Please visit our Coach Pass page for more information.
Results: Please note the following important information regarding results:
- Results can only be processed once all swimmers have left the water after a race and the the race referee has reviewed timings and placings.
- Results will be published as soon as possible on the deck for coaches and on the bank for spectators. Please do not ask the results team directly for results.
- Full results will be available online on our open water results page after the event. Results can’t be published immediately due to limited internet access at the venue.
Parking: There is limited parking available at the venue and there is a parking fee. Our event is always busy so please:
- Car share with someone from your club where possible to reduce the number of vehicles requiring parking.
- Park where instructed to by our volunteer traffic management team to ensure the most efficient use of the space available.
- Be prepared for a short walk, the closest parking will be reserved for blue badge holders.
Important: Please note the parking system at Whitlingham is on a pay and display basis. Please check the details of the fees and payment arrangements.
Litter: Whiltlingham Adventure is hired by the East Region and is expected to be left as we found it. Please ensure you take your litter home to prevent our hard-working event volunteers having to litter-pick at the end of a long event, thank you.
BBQs: Due to it being a fire hazard in the Country Park, there must be no BBQs lit by visitors to the park at any time
Event Volunteers- PLEASE SIGN UP!
The Region is looking for volunteers and Technical Officials to help the event run smoothly. If you can assist on the day, we would appreciate you sign up using our online forms sign up page. The event canot take place without volunteers helping on the day.
Commemorative hoodies will be available for purchase at the event.