Licensed Meet levels and resources
Licensed Meets are swimming events licensed by Swim England. This means they have to meet certain standards to ensure fair competition.
If you are organising a Licensed Meet, or are interested in knowing more about them, the following resources are available to help you:
- Refer to the Swim England Document Library for useful licensing documents
- Look at the Swim England National meets calendar to check any potential clashes
- Review a summary of the difference levels of meet on the Swim England website and check the criteria for each level of competition by downloading the Swim England Open Meet Licensing Criteria
- Have a look at some of our conditions templates.
Please note that a single application may only cover a series of meets if the conditions, entry/limit times etc are the same.
The importance of insurance
All clubs, promoters and competition organisers are reminded that, for insurance purposes, all those volunteering on poolside at any competition must be registered members of an affiliated club or a member of the Institute of Swimming.
Applying for a license
The Meet Promoter will need to send the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done a minimum of 2 months before the first date of the meet in order to apply for a licence:
- Licensed Meet Application Form
- Meet Conditions (please refer to the templates on this page).
- Supporting documents: qualifying standards, meet schedule, entry forms
You should not publish any conditions until a licence number has been issued.
When a license has been issued the promoter will receive confirmation. The license number can then be published.
For more information contact the Licensing Officer.