Swim England East Region maintain a list of all Institute of Swimming courses in the Region
If you are looking for the best swimming teaching, coaching and skills development, you’re in the right place with the Institute of Swimming.
They are the largest provider of Swim England courses and swimming qualifications, and we’re here to support your career progression.
If you are a Swim England member, a discount maybe be available as a Member Offer – please contact your club.
Learning to suit you
Their courses come in a variety of dynamic and bespoke delivery models including blended learning, where theory can be studied online at a time and place to suit you. This reduces the number of face to face days you need to attend; taking less time away from home or work.
Help with funding teacher and coach education
If you are a SwimMark accredited club you will be entitled to £100 voucher to be used against any Institute of Swimming course or workshop.
Other funding sources are also available.
SWIM ENGLAND COACHING HUB
Swim England has recently launched a new coaching hub where you can find resources and opportunities for coaches across all disciplines.
For aquatic coaches working at all levels of the Swim England pathway, you can register for Coach Membership too!
They also have a Facebook group to keep you up to date with the latest news and connect with other coaches
Swimming Teaching and Coaching courses
Coaching courses for other disciplines
This eLearning is aimed at anyone aged 14 and upwards who wants to gain experience and/ or volunteer in swimming lessons.
It is perfect for those wishing to pursue a career in swimming teaching and sports management or anyone looking for volunteering and training opportunities as part of their Duke of Edinburgh Award or the Swim England Youth Volunteering Programme.
2022 – not currently available
Delivering the Helpers course for your aquatic helpers within your club has never been simpler. Any level 2 qualified coach/ teacher from your club can deliver the course, there is no need to book an external tutor.
The course is 3 hours theory and 3 hours practical based and although targeted at 13- 16 year olds, it is also suitable for any age and any discipline. The course is also free to deliver and attend, Swim England cover the certification cost for the learners.
Simple steps to registering a Helpers course…
- Decide who within the club will deliver the course, who is the course organiser, along with where and when the course will take place (the presenter must be a level 2 in the relevant discipline and hold a current Swim England DBS check).
- The presenter must then work through the free online presenter guidance module that demonstrates how the presentation is delivered and some useful tips.
- Once this is completed, fill in the registration form.
When completed candidates will need to complete an excel spreadsheet (saved as CSV document, this will be an option in the list when saving your file) containing learner details for the awarding of their certificate. The awarding body will confirm this document by email.
Certificates will then be sent to learners 4-6 weeks following the data being sent to the awarding body.
To find courses in your area head over to the Institute of Swimming website
Download a PDF of the full Swim England Level 2 Swimming Teacher award specification here.
Follow this link for more information regarding this qualification.
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- have experience of open water swimming
And must hold one of the following:
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming (or ASA equivalent)
- STA Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming
- Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach
- Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate
- ASA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Swimming
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon
RLSS Pool to Pond award
Register your interest here: