The current world of aquatics is not quite as we are used to, and our counties and clubs are having to adapt to cater for their members. This webpage provides useful links, resources, and information, to keep momentum going, until the pools are open again.
Listen to the Swim England CEO, Jane Nickerson, provide a message to members.
You can also listen to the Swim England Return to Action Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Workforce Workshops and Courses
- Safeguarding workshops- An online workshop has been created by Swim England. More information can be found on our Safeguarding workshop webpage.
- Team Manager workshops- Module 1 workshops have been ammended to allow for online delivery. A programme of workshops will be available soon on the Team Manager webpage.
- Free CPD’s- The Institute of Swimming has removed the fee for some some teaching CPD’s. To find out more information, visit the CPD webpage. The Expected Standard videos have also been opened up for free. Take a look at the videos available.
- Technical Officials, Judge 1 Theory- Now is an ideal time to make a start on the volunteering pathway for swimming, as it can be done online. Take a look at the webpage for more information.
- MIND Mental Awareness Training for Sport– It is important to make sure we consider mental wellness when we are planning activity. A great workshop can be found on the MIND website.
- Club Matters workshops- These assist in the governance of the club and cover a wide variety of themes including VAT advice, marketing, budgetting and more. These can be foun don the Club Matters website.
- Curious Coaches’ Club- UK Coaching deliver an online meeting every monday afternoon, with a variety of themes to engage coaches.
- Free Resources- Swim England YouTube learning videos covering tips and advice for multiple topics and disciplines including strength and conditioning exercises, psychology support, mental wellness awareness, nutritition, discipline specific workouts, and much more.
- Regional Podcasts- East Region Podcasts covering an array of subjects are available to listen to.
- Coaches Forum- A regular regional swimming coach forum via Zoom. If you are interested in attending, contact the Region.
- UK Coaching free E-learning courses– a variety of E-learning opportunities include ‘inspiring positive behaviour’, ‘How to Coach: Plan, Do, Review’ and many more.
- Coaches Facebook Group- A regional Swimming Coaches’ Facebook network, to share positive ideas and best practices.
- Teaching swimming Roadshows– delivered by the Institute of Swimming for those part of the Learn to Swim journey.