The Region organises Open Water Championships in July each year and has, for successive years, had the highest swimmer entry numbers of any regional open water event.
Races are held over 1K, 2K, 3K and 5K and are split into age groups. Further details will be released closer to the event. For those aged 12-18, the Regional Championships also offer a chance to qualify for the National Open Water Championships.
The event is reliant on our hard-working volunteers to ensure it is a success. Anyone interested in volunteering at the event should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Open Water Championships
Date: 21st July 2019
Venue: Whitlingham Adventure, Norwich, NR14 8TR
Deadline for entries: 14th June 2019
Results: Please note the following important information regarding results:
- Results can only be processed once all swimmers have left the water after a race and the the race referee has reviewed timings and placings.
- Results will be published as soon as possible on the deck for coaches and on the bank for spectators. Please do not ask the results team directly for results.
- Full results will be available online on our open water results page after the event. Results can’t be published immediately due to limited internet access at the venue.
Parking: There is limited parking available at the venue and there is a parking fee. Our event is always busy so please:
- Car share with someone from your club where possible to reduce the number of vehicles requiring parking.
- Park where instructed to by our volunteer traffic management team to ensure the most efficient use of the space available.
- Be prepared for a short walk, the closest parking will be reserved for blue badge holders.
Important: Please note the parking system at Whitlingham is on a pay and display basis. Please check the details of the fees and payment arrangements.
Litter: Whiltlingham Adventure is hired by the East Region and is expected to be left as we found it. Please ensure you take your litter home to prevent our hard-working event volunteers having to litter-pick at the end of a long event, thank you.
BBQs: Due to it being a fire hazard in the Country Park, there must be no BBQs lit by visitors to the park at any time.
Open Water Officials
There is a well-established Open Water Swimming Officials Pathway that takes officials from the entry point of Judge Level 1, all the way through to becoming a FINA referee.
Find out more about this Pathway on our official’s training page.
East Region Travel and Expenses Policy
East Region will pay travel and subsistence expenses of all officials that are necessarily incurred when working at the Regional Open Water Championships.