The ASA East Region Membership Officer is Chris Galer. He is the first point of contact for clubs wishing to affiliate to the ASA East Region. Email him on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation Fees are due annually - the ASA collects the affiliation fee for the ASA, Region and County. These are due on January 1, 2017 and must be paid by March 31, 2017.
The Regional Fees for 2017 are:
£35.00 per club/organisation
£5.00 per Category One member
£5.00 per Category Two member
No charge for Category Three member
ASA East Region Fees 2017
Below are criteria set out by the ASA on a national basis for clubs to affiliate to the Governing Body.
Amateur Swimming Association
National criteria for the affiliation of swimming clubs by Regions
1. The club name should include some reference to the club’s normal area
of activity and location but must not have a name similar to, or which
could be confused with, another club in existence.
2. The club should be inaugurated by a general meeting or in the case of an
existing club applying for affiliation the region should determine if a
general meeting is required prior to granting affiliation.
3. The club shall adopt a constitution modelled on the ASA recommended
club constitution (including all mandatory elements) and be approved by
4. The Officers of the club should preferably not come from the same family
and where this is not possible at least one of the officers should not be a
family member. Signatories to payments must not be from the same
5. The club shall before it commences operation have appointed a Club
Welfare Officer who is not related to the club coach, club teachers or
other key Officers.
6. The Region shall consult the sub-regional body / County Association for
their views on the club with a time limit of 30 days for responses.
7. Should the Region receive representations from other affiliated clubs
which express concerns, the Region should thoroughly research these
8. The Region may, if it wishes, consider representation from non affiliated
bodies on the affiliation e.g. County Sports Partnerships.
9. If it is decided to reject a request for affiliation the Region shall set out the
reasons and advise the applicant as to the Appeals process.
Clubs affiliating to the ASA must have an up to date constitution, in line with the recommendations set out by the ASA. Click here to view the latest guidance from the ASA regarding club constitutions.