Delivering the Helpers course for your aquatic helpers within your club has never been simpler. Any level 2 qualified coach/ teacher from your club can deliver the course, there is no need to book an external tutor.
The course is 3 hours theory and 3 hours practical based and although targeted at 13- 16 year olds, it is also suitable for any age and any discipline. The course is also free to deliver and attend, the ASA cover the certification cost for the learners.
Simple steps to registering a Helpers course...
- Decide who within the club will deliver the course, who is the course organiser, along with where and when the course will take place (the presenter must be a level 2 in the relevant discipline and hold a current ASA DBS check).
- The presenter must then work through the free online presenter guidance module which demonstrates how the presentation is delivered and some useful tips. This can be found HERE.
- Once this is completed, fill in the registration form (found HERE) and return to Lorraine.email@example.com . You will have a choice of an 'open' or 'closed' course. An open course is when anyone can book on, whereas a closed course will only accept learners you have provided with a voucher code to book on with.
- Learners will book on via the IOS online website. Guidance on this will be issued to the course organiser.
- The presenter will then be sent the presentation and resources needed to deliver the course and the learners will receive a certificate in the post upon completion.
Any queries, please contact the Regional Club Development Officer at Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org